Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

And you thought 13 was unlucky

Yes ladies and gentleman....13 is the number of weeks I have left of school and that is the luckiest number I could get (until, of course, it becomes 12 and so on). Can you even believe it?! I most certainly cannot wait until these 13 weeks are over and I will be home free. Never to return to school again. HOORAY!!!!

I guess I should give an update on my life since I can't stand looking at blogs that haven't been updated. Christmas was fantastic! Jon and I enjoyed every minute we had together most of which was spent with the fam (both sides). It was great to see everyone and feel of the holiday spirit. Next was New Years which we spent with some good friends. It was fun to just kick back and have a good time. I enjoyed a full three and a half weeks of working full time and then school started again for me. BUMMER! Now I have to fit in 225 hours of Capstone, 6 weeks of psych, 8 hours/wk lecture classes, and an online class, not to mention my full time job in the next couple of months! Hopefully I survive. Jon has begun an internship with Ernst & Young. It took him away from me for about a week and a half for training but he is back now and enjoying the clients he has. He works overtime so we don't get to see each other a bunch but at least it's nice when the bills come around. ;) Among all the craziness that we call life we have decided to remodel a little bit of or house. It's time consuming and kind of hard to live among dust, holes in the wall, and a huge sheet hanging in our room but we're really excited for it to be over and see the finished touches.

Another thing that I have been a part of is a bunco night!! We meet once a month so we've only gotten together once but it was so so fun. Thanks to Sarah for setting it up!! It was so good to see everyone after such a long period of time and I can't wait to see them again. Sorry there are no pictures...I came straight from work so I forgot my camera earlier that morning and I haven't received any pics from those who had their cameras that night....cough, cough!

One more thing that I want to talk about is my Capstone (as mentioned above). For those of you who don't know what that is, I can explain. It's a lot like a residency. As nursing students, we picked our top three choices of where we would like to be and were placed on a unit with a specific preceptor. We have to work the shifts of this preceptor and basically learn from them one-to-one. I have the opportunity to be placed in the float pool at Primary Children's Medical Center. I am excited for this placement because after spending my pediatric rotation there, I couldn't even begin to decide on just one unit I would like to go. I think I got the best placement though because we really do go everywhere. My preceptor is the best thing ever! She is such a good teacher and person. We really get along and I have already learned so much from her. We've spent a lot of time together since I'm trying to get it done as soon as I can. 36 hours/wk of capstone + 30 hours/wk of work don't leave too much time for anything else but I am managing to get through it. Three weeks down already, right?! It also helps that I have the best husband in the world who is always there for me and knows how to make me feel better. He truly is the greatest and I don't know what I'd do without him.

I guess that's all for now. I better get back to studying so I don't fall too behind. ;) I will try to be better at posting more frequently. I have some ideas of what to post about from some friends. Even if it's a short post, it's still a post. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment